The University Foundation is the meeting place
- for all academics in Belgium,
- for academics and members of civil society,
- for academics in Belgium, foreign academics and members of international organizations.
In elegantly furnished rooms members can meet colleagues and guests. In a pleasant reading room, daily and weekly newspapers, as well as scientific reviews, are available.
The restaurant serves lunch with a varied menu to members and their guests.
Our hotel has 14 attractive bedrooms for our Club members. The University Foundation organises numerous scientific, cultural and artisitic events for the Club members.
Below a list is given of the future academic and cultural activities organized by the Club of the University Foundation. For more information on a particular activity the reader is referred to the relevant Dutch or French section of the website.
Next edition of the Ethical Forum: What place (if any) for academics in our post-truth era ? Save the date : Thursday December 7, 2017.
From September to December 2017 a new series of four lunch-debates is organized n the initiative "A World of Cities" in collaboration with the Foundation Pierre Laconte.
Future activities of Re-Bel :
- Thursday 14 December 2017: Patriotism at the local, regional, national and European levels: Are they compatible? Are they necessary?
- Thursday 14 June 2018: Mobility policy (road, rail, air): too centralized or too decentralized?
- Thursday 13 December 2018: Belgium's 6th state reform: how good did it prove to be?
More information: www.rethinkingbelgium.eu.
For further information on the activities please see the Dutch or the French section of the website.
For the concerts at Bozar and the performances at the "Théâtre National" for the next academic year the reader is referred to the relevant news item on the Dutch or French web pages.
Thursday November 16, 2017 at 6 pm : Guided visit to the exhibition "Ancestors & Rituals" (Europalia Indonsesia) followed by a dinner at the University Foundation.
Friday March 23, 2018 at 8 pm : Gala Concert of the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel.
Wednesday May 2, 2018 at 6 pm : Opera at La Monnaie: Lohengrin (Richard Wagner).
Cultural trips organized in the past academic year:
- Monday May 22 to Saturday May 27, 2017: Cultural trip to Tuscany, guided by Mr. Damien Wigny.
- Friday August 4 to Sunday August 13, 2017: Festival Crete Seresi.
- Tuesday October 3 to Saturday October 7, 2017: Roman Art in le Roussillon, guided by Prof. Jacqueline Leclercq–Marx (ULB) and Prof. Dierik Verbeelen (VUB).
For further information on these activities please refer to the French or Dutch web pages.
Lunch-debate on November 9, 2016, with an indroductory talk by M. Jonatahan Faull, Director-General of the European Commission's Task Force for Strategic Issues related to the UK Referendum.
Jonathan Faull joined the European Commission in 1978, becoming Director for Competition Policy at the Directorate-General for Competition in 1995, Deputy Director-General in 1995 and Spokesman and Director-General of Press and Communication in 1999. After that he has held positions as Director-General of Justice and Home Affairs (later Justice, Freedom and Security) and Director-General of Internal Market and Services (later Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union). September 2015, he was appointed Director-General in the Secretariat-General entrusted with the special mission, on behalf of President Juncker, to chair the "Task Force for Strategic Issues related to the UK Referendum. Jonathan Fault studied law at the University of Sussex and has an MA from the College of Europe in Bruges.
33 € for members of the University Foundation and partner,
38 € for non-members.